It started with a legacy….
The 1994 National Board Meeting in New Orleans witnessed a landmark event. The 30th anniversary of the CAP Cadet Program was being celebrated. This inspired the first “Gathering of Diamonds” reunion with recipients of the General Carl A. Spaatz Award (dubbed “Spaatzen”).
Across the United States, Spaatzen were identified and invited. They spanned decades of personal and professional leadership. Recognizing a unique synergy, they resolved to form a special Association.
The Association’s goals are simple, yet visionary:
- Provide a fraternal organization for recipients of the Civil Air Patrol General Carl A. Spaatz Award.
- Promote and maintain the prestige of the General Carl A. Spaatz Award.
- Support and preserve the high standards of achievement required to attain the General Carl A. Spaatz Award.
- Provide an entity to harness the collective energy, enthusiasm, experience, and talent of General Carl A. Spaatz Award recipients to assist in making the CAP Cadet Program the finest youth development program in America.
- Promote the development of positive personal characteristics, to include leadership, professionalism, integrity, and perseverance in America’s youth.
The Spaatz Association is made possible solely through the dues, participation, and contributions of its members.
We invite you to renew your pledge of support to The Spaatz Association and the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program. Our pledge to you is to continue to support the development of today’s CAP Cadets–the leaders of tomorrow!